Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dr. appt.

Well, we have another Dr. appt. today at 3 pm so I am only having to work half a day. I have to admit, this will be the longest half day I have ever worked. I am so excited about going today. We are going to do another sonogram, and I just cannot wait. When we had our first one they'd thought that we were about 2 1/2 weeks ahead of what we really were. When they did the sonogram, the tech said, "Honey, there is no way you are almost 11 weeks." She put us at 7w 4d and even though it was exciting to see the little "bean" and get a heartbeat confirmed, I am even more thrilled today to get to see more of a baby in there!! I have prayed my little heart out that everything with this pregnancy goes well. I have felt good for the most part and I just keep hoping and praying that I stay healthy and this baby grows like it should and that it's healthy too. The time in between these appointments has just seemed like forever... I have to keep reminding myself that there's a life forming inside me right now and there isn't a thing I want rushed. I just get so anxious to get updates from the doctor.

Part of my excitement and anxiousness I think, comes from seeing my usually very calm, composed husband in his excitement. He has even really surprised me. Normally, he has to be reminded of things, birthdays, events, stuff that we have to do or places we have to go, but I haven't had to remind him of one appt. Today he went down to start my car for me, followed me down, a few minutes later and said, "See you here in a little bit." I was a little shocked. I hadn't said anything to him, and he remembered!! I think the best part is, he normally would not want anyone to really know that he's excited, but he is and I just think he can't hide or disguise it now. Just makes my heart happy. I already know he is a wonderful father, and I cannot begin to explain how excited I am to see him with our baby. Another thing, I just can't wait for....

Wasn't I just talking myself into having patience? Yeah, gonna have to work on that one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment