Whoever it was that told us that it would be a good idea to build a custom home; I'd like to slap right now. We got up early(for my day off I consider it early) and started our hunt for tile. We needed to find tiles we liked for the kitchen, utility and bathrooms. FUN!
Up until this point, we have been able to go to the store, pick out what we like, call our builder and tell him. He calls the contractor doing the job and they get what it was we picked out and they go do the work. Easy. Not today! We were told the tile guy would like to start on Monday...possibly. So our mission was not only to pick out what we liked, but to actually purchase it. We had measurements, square feet to figure out, colors to match, blah, blah, blah... I personally like the other way we've been doing things. Much more fun. But, to make a long, and unfinished story short, we found what we liked, bought samples, carried them out to the house and checked them out. Pat us on the back...they worked!
So, tomorrow we have to get up early again (also usually a great day to sleep in) go to Wylie for Preston's basketball game, and immediately after we have to return to Lowe's to make our purchase. I'm hoping this goes well, but this is where those measurements and square footage requirements come in. For anyone that knows me very well, knows that math or anything related to it definitely isn't my area of expertise. I'm counting on my Love for this part...
I'll probably be yawning & holding up the buggy!!
Hope to have some pictures of our beautiful house posted soon.
Right now, in the words of my Papaw... I'm off to hit the hay!
Up until this point, we have been able to go to the store, pick out what we like, call our builder and tell him. He calls the contractor doing the job and they get what it was we picked out and they go do the work. Easy. Not today! We were told the tile guy would like to start on Monday...possibly. So our mission was not only to pick out what we liked, but to actually purchase it. We had measurements, square feet to figure out, colors to match, blah, blah, blah... I personally like the other way we've been doing things. Much more fun. But, to make a long, and unfinished story short, we found what we liked, bought samples, carried them out to the house and checked them out. Pat us on the back...they worked!
So, tomorrow we have to get up early again (also usually a great day to sleep in) go to Wylie for Preston's basketball game, and immediately after we have to return to Lowe's to make our purchase. I'm hoping this goes well, but this is where those measurements and square footage requirements come in. For anyone that knows me very well, knows that math or anything related to it definitely isn't my area of expertise. I'm counting on my Love for this part...
I'll probably be yawning & holding up the buggy!!
Hope to have some pictures of our beautiful house posted soon.
Right now, in the words of my Papaw... I'm off to hit the hay!




Yay for comments! Can't wait to see the house pics!
ReplyDelete