So, we still don't have internet at home which makes for keeping up with this blog a little harder. I have to remember what it was I want(ed) to write and try to find time at work to post it. Anyway, I can make do, I guess...
So, this past Friday we went to our Dr's appt. with another sonogram scheduled. It was an early appointment but because of the sonogram and the fact that Preston got to go with us; I was pretty excited. P wasn't feeling well at all (we later discovered he was running a 102* fever) but he still seemed excited to see the baby on the screen again. Within the first few seconds it was obvious that Little Sister has put some meat on her bones :)!! She just looked so much bigger than before and it already looked (and feels most of the time) that she is running out of room in there! After the tech took her measurements & showed us what all it was she was checking, she tried to get us a peek at the baby's face...NO GO!! She wasn't having her picture taken at all! She was head down, face down and there was just no getting to see her that time. I was a little disappointed but I guess that anticipation will just build until I actually get to really see her little face.
We were told that that our due date would most likely be moved up about 2 weeks, which puts us at about Aug. 10th. Reason being, she already weighs between 3.6 and 3.9! I was actually a little shocked hearing that. Even being bumped up to Aug 10th, that still puts us at 7 weeks left to go; and he told us that she should be gaining 1/4 to 1/2 pound a week from here on out! I am so incredibly thankful that she is healthy (in fact Barry said it looked like she had little sausage legs!!) but when I do that math on the possible weight gain for the time we have left....OH GOSH!! We might have a big'en on our hands!!
Other than that, they said that I was right about the "no news is good news"... I am diabetes free and I'm not anemic so we were pleased to have heard that. Everything with her looked as good as it could/should have so we left there once again with huge smiles on our faces!!
Now, if we could just get her to show us hers!!
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment