The painter is coming Friday the 26th to paint the nursery and I am elated!! He's going to use the pink color from the bedding and do a border around the top of her room. The wording will be "Sugar and spice and everything nice... That's what little girls are made of" and he said he thinks he can get it down 4 times to make it all the way around the room!! Can't wait to see it!! I will post a picture of that after he finishes!

I thought since I was posting pics of bedding and whatnot that I'd put a couple that I'd taken of my work in Preston's room. It's safe to call this a work in progress, but I think he is happy with the look so far. I've just tried to get as much done in there as I can so that when he's home with us he can enjoy his space, and also before all our efforts are directed toward the nursery.
When we moved into the new house we got a new set of furniture so we put our old set in his room. I know it's not typical 10 year old boy bedroom furniture, but the whole 5 years we were in the apartment, he never had a headboard or nightstand or dressers. So he is enjoying that too. He got the comforter set for Christmas last year and he LOVES it.
These are the curtains I put up in there that I got on sale from IKEA. I didn't realize they weren't "ready to hang" when I got them. They had to be hemmed, and I did that myself. Barry isn't thrilled about the way they turned out, but I don't think they look all that bad. Our main reason for needing to put them up was because of the light coming in that huge window. Since we are on so much land, and don't really have to worry about neighbors being able to see in or things like that; we are still debating what kind of window treatments we want to do. We love the natural light and just aren't sure if we want every window covered with blinds or shades. But, the light was always so bright, Preston could never sleep in and most importantly, to him, the glare from the sun kept him from watching his TV!! :)
Two good things about these curtains are: They're not permanent, and I got them on sale...they were a cheap "try"!!

Two more things I need to tackle in here are his initials above his bed. He wants them painted either orange or blue....SURPRISE!! And the "fathead" things we can't get to keep sticking so we're going to have to figure out something with those. The texture on the walls is too rough and they just won't stick.

Two more things I need to tackle in here are his initials above his bed. He wants them painted either orange or blue....SURPRISE!! And the "fathead" things we can't get to keep sticking so we're going to have to figure out something with those. The texture on the walls is too rough and they just won't stick.
It's overly obvious that the boy is a Gator fan. Not a whole lot makes it in his door if it isn't royal blue or orange!!






No comments:
Post a Comment